Welcome to Bay Farm Montessori Academy! A landmark in Duxbury since 1972, Bay Farm provides an exceptional independent school education for students aged 12 months to 8th grade from more than a dozen towns around the South Shore.
Bay Farm is dedicated to the idea that true education encompasses much more than academics. A real education gives young people the tools and skills to understand themselves and their world, and to find and follow their own path to a fulfilling and happy life. At Bay Farm, students learn, grow, and prosper as members of a community that supports their personal growth and academic learning. This education helps them build a solid foundation for their future in secondary school, college, career, and life.
We invite you to visit our campus to see for yourself what a child-centered, individualized education can mean for your children and your family. At Bay Farm, you will find a school where:
- the children are independent, self-directed, respectful, responsible, creative, collaborative, and community-minded;
- the classrooms and educational materials are designed for each age group to support each child’s natural desire to learn by doing meaningful work, individually and in small groups;
- the teachers are highly trained in Montessori educational philosophy and practice, and know exactly how to support each child’s individual learning path;
- the arts, including drama, music, and fine arts, are deeply integrated with the academic curriculum, and support the growth and development of the whole child as a well-rounded and well-adjusted young adult;
- the campus is a welcoming, child-friendly nine acre “village”, with separate buildings for toddlers, pre-kindergarten/kindergarten, elementary, and middle school students, as well as a library, theater, art space, peace path, soccer field, and the best playground in town.
We look forward to welcoming you and your children into an amazing journey of growth, learning, and personal development. Education should be exciting and joyful, a foundation for a life of meaning and purpose. This is what we do at Bay Farm every day. Please stop by and see for yourself!
Hauke Kite-Powell, Interim Head of School