An outstanding and innovative academic program that emphasizes the individual.
Innovative Learning for 7th and 8th Graders
- Bay Farm’s middle school provides an academically-challenging learning community where students navigate the early adolescent years in a nurturing, respectful, and inspiring educational setting.
- Students benefit from an outstanding Montessori tradition, an appropriately challenging academic course load, and rich and kind social environment complete with curriculum-based outings and guest speakers.
- The curriculum is multi-faceted and strong. The humanities, science, math, and language programs are top-notch, seminar-based, and implemented on a two-year cycle.
- The extra-curricular offerings carry on Bay Farm’s unique focus on integrating academics with the performing and visual arts.
- Students in this program benefit greatly from partnerships with local organizations and the special talents of our own community members.
- Small group and individualized instruction is made possible through a low student/teacher ratio. Students are highly encouraged and taught to be self-directed, independent, reflective, and respectful.
- Students benefit from career explorations through 30-hour internships in 7th & 8th grade, which includes a one-week internship experience off campus. Additionally, they work collaboratively to run a small business in order to gain real-life experience in the business world.